Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tool #11 Self Assessing and Reflecting

FAVORITE TOOLS
I think I had the most fun making a video at http://www.xtranormal.com/. I'm also eager to continue exploring the activities at TES iboard (http://www.iboard.co.uk/), and I see a lot of possibilities for using Wall Wisher. In the near future, I think I will have students make a poster displaying fractions at Big Huge Labs and respond to a question about natural resources on Wall Wisher. I also will use the TES iboard punctuation and narrative-writing activities at work stations.



TRANSFORMED THINKING, CHANGED VISION, CLASSROOM CHANGES

I have a better grasp of technology possibilities and as I plan lessons I often get ideas for technology to integrate with academics. I am getting students to the computers more often and giving them activities that are highly effective learning tools, which are also well-aligned with our content.



UNEXPECTED OUTCOMES

It was nice to see that the district had a compilation of suggested sites each time I was instructed to go explore online. That made the task quicker and easier.


I did not expect to be posting my responses toTool #11 one-and-a-half hours after beginning the assessment. I had to look up a lot of unfamiliar language used in the questions and deeply analyze some of the questions word by word. After reading the question analysis at the end of the test, I learned new information from the corrections. I was surprised that the question analysis did not provide correct responses for the questions that had multiple answers. I really wanted to correct my thinking about what I had mismarked.


Some of the tools that asked us to explore various sites and register to do activities took an inordinate amount of time. I did not expect to have to dedicate that much time to 11 TOOLS above and beyond the time-consuming daily obligations of teaching. In the future if teachers are required to do more online learning, it would be a kindness if lengthy online assignments like those were broken down into smaller bits.


I was very surprised to see the video in TOOL #9 with Sir Ken Robinson talking about changing paradigms. I'd seen it before and really liked it.



I am quite pleased with the technological savvy I have acquired and am looking forward to using it with the new electronic equipment our classroom will soon be issued. I appreciate the informative 11 TOOLS blog posts that got me started each time.

No comments: