Monday, September 26, 2011

TOOL #2 - BUILDING A LEARNING COMMUNITY

Our intercosmos server on planet B-612 makes it possible for me to communicate with others who are learning new things on earth. Since I began my computer adventures several years ago, after the Little Prince had returned from visiting earth, I am adapting to my new situation. Of course, a rose knows that adaptation is key to survival. I think the Little Prince could have adapted easily to life on earth. I'm so grateful he came back to take care of me.


So what I did was log into the SBISD Google account in order to view and comment on the blogs of teachers at Valley Oaks. I looked at many, but just commented on two. Sometimes, I can be a blushing rose among bushes of blooming beauties. I also commented on the Technology Tidbits and Fischbowl blogs. Perhaps later, I will revisit the piq website, which I arrived at through a link on Technology Tidbits. It is pixel drawing, and I do fancy myself an artistic rose. I saw such lovely, bright pinks and purples there.


Finally, I commented on the blog at the Steve Spangler website. It was also exciting to sign up for weekly science experiments to be emailed to me. Perhaps I will invent a scientific treatment to eliminate baobab trees. Won't the Little Prince like that! I hope you will visit Steve Spangler's website and get some great ideas for yourselves. http://www.stevespangler.com/

Now, in order to post a comment on my blog, I've logged out of my SBISD Google account and into the Google account I previously set up for Unfold Gently.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing a GREAT job with your commenting and balancing a blog made long ago with another email! Keep on keepin' on, Rose! ONward...

Anonymous said...

Exciting news about the science emails. If you have a chance, it would be nice to hyperlink to the sites you liked so others could easily access them. I am not familiar with Steve Spangler.

Rose and Sydnie Kleinhenz said...

Thanks for the comments. Adding a hyperlink is a great idea, Karen. Steve Spangler is like an elementary science guru! He has great workshops, teaching strategies, and a website to support it all. I attended a workshop years ago and used a lot of what I learned there. I also received weekly science experiments in emails. I'm so glad to be signed up for those again.