Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tool #3 - Videos and Images by flower and friend

Can you hear it? That's the sound of a flower wilting on Asteroid B-612. And I am the only flower here. I have learned much during this venture into videos and images. I loved looking at the images in Picasa in an album labeled "By Giles REVEMONT." I am not sure if that is a first and last name or a first name and a title for the album. There were lovely flower photos and a scientifically useful one of a bee. I even figured out how to download photos to my computer. One is now displayed under my blog profile in hopes that it will make you think of me up on Asteroid B-612. As I am in my fourth hour at this, I must stop and absorb some energy from the sun. So, I have reached out electronically to a friend I met while on earth. Miss K can attest to the usefulness of videos and images for her needs.

Thank you Rose. I am very excited to see the close-up photo of the bee with loads of pollen on its legs. I will definitely use that in my science class. Another photo in that Picasa album will serve as a perfect dandelion illustration for a poem my students recently wrote. I know that I can use these photos based on Fair Use because I will repurpose and add value to them with poetry and science notes.

Also, my sweet smelling pal, I went video hunting. At Blinkx, in a search of the water cycle, the website turned up 19,000 videos. That's nineteen THOUSAND!!! I searched at Khan Academy but could not figure out how to embed from there, so I found two videos on YouTube (see below). The parents of my students will appreciate these when I embed them on my classroom blog. With different methods to multiply and divide, my students quickly learned new math skills, but their parents remain confused. Your venture into videos and images has enlightened but exhausted me as well. It would have been nice to absorb some energy from the sun, but now the moon is out.
Love, Miss K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

19,000?! WOW! Great work on Tool #3! You're out of this world!