Tuesday, July 1, 2008

News Feeds My Sheep - Thing #9

The little prince hurried off to investigate the new green shoots, and I am investigating the RSS Reader on his computer as well as a Rose is able. I find that for ease and usefulness, I prefer Technorati's subject search. I was able to find news stories about the recent death of Clay Felker, the editor of the "New York" magazine, who changed factual news reporting into fascinating non-fiction narratives. When the little prince set off on his travels, I remained on Asteroid B-612 and am now the authority on all the planetary news to report during his absence. Perhaps later, I will look for news about the downed pilot who befriended the prince in the Sahara Desert. I wonder what has become of him since the little prince's departure.

I explored the other suggested sites for feeds and had a little bit of difficulty understanding how to navigate Edublog, although it was quite enjoyable and informative. I read postings by the top-selected and award-winning bloggers, such as SBISD librarian Vaughn Branom and Cool Cat Teacher. It was very exciting to discover the link to Bluebonnet book reviews from the Eagles Read blog. I am a literary loving rose--impressed rather than just pressed by a good book. Next time I am hunting for information in blogs, I would like to try Bloglines.

In a rose's life here; with our frequent sunsets, volcano cleaning, and baobab pulling; there is little idle time to aimlessly explore all the postings and articles on the World Wide Web. I would find it most useful for researching specific topics such as recent discoveries of marine creatures in Earth's oceans, or what to feed the earth sheep that came back with the little prince in the box with the holes. What do you think might happen if the sheep goes wandering about hungrily?

No comments: