Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Playfulness - Thing 2

Sometimes, I find it difficult to play. Life's challenges can loom so great that they block the view of beauty and joy. I've learned to gather inner strength and lean into the wind or threaten with my thorniness, but I often forget to relax and really see what surrounds me. Leaves still dance in the breeze and stars still sparkle in the sky whether my challenge is great, small, or none at all. Play provides a counterpoint to challenges and responsibilities. It is a refresher for the continued advance. Play allows a life-long learner to discover the pleasure in learning. Play reminds me to breathe deeply and smile, which spreads joy to others as well.
I think I would like to learn of many ways a single rose could be playful because the little prince is often busy pulling up baobab trees or cleaning his volcanoes.

No comments: