Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name...

I learned much about myself while the little prince was gone, and I am just bursting with joy at his return. I've realized that he provided for my every need including the need to learn humble self-sufficiency. Now that I have welcomed him back, I no longer cough, or pretend to have a chill, and expect him to address my difficulty. I try to remember the sun still shines above the clouds and that even a rose can find new ways to unfold gently, as roses should. Nor do I insist on a glass over me for protection at night. I understand that he holds my well-being always in thought. Because he has tamed me, I look forward to his approaching step. I recognize his gentle touch, and remember his comforting words. And I know he sees me in my own uniqueness as well--the glow of my bloom, the way a certain petal curls outward, or the manner in which I lean towards the light. Just the other day, he commented on the beauty of my bouquet. Perhaps a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but the little prince reminds me that I am one of a kind.
I wonder if others could be as grateful as I am for love and patience they receive from one as special as the little prince.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

What a wonderful post; you are an excellent writer.